Death Valley Girls (Bonnie Bloomgarden, Larry Schemel, Pickle, and The Kid) found time to visit Amoeba Records in San Francisco on a Friday night in April 2019 for an in-store signing and performance between playing at Starlite Social Club in Oakland and a run up to headline an indie rock festival in Chico CA. Currently one of the most unique bands on the indie rock touring circuit, they are promoting a new single called Dream Cleaver and have albums out on both the hipster faves Burger and Suicide Squeeze labels worth checking out.
At the event in the video they signed copies of two vinyl albums, a reissued clear & green speckled version of their Burger Records “Glow In The Dark” vinyl and pressings of their newest release on Suicide Squeeze “Darkness Rains”. Amoeba’s staff were hospitable and gave the gals matching black tees that they wore with the store’s moniker done up in white death metal lettering. The “Girls” enthralled a mixed audience comprised of music industry veterans like Invisibl Skratch Piklz DJ Q-Bert, dedicated fans who’d driven in from as far as Vacaville, random aging hipsters, and even some kids apparently seeing their very first live band performance.
Pickle Signing The Burger Records LP
The band is continuing a tour they started in August with Brody Dalle’s revitalized band The Distillers through much of October 2019, here are some of their remaining dates:
- 10/11 — Minneapolis, MN @ The Varsity Theater ^
- 10/12 — Des Moines, IA @ Wooly’s ^
- 10/13 — St Louis, MO @ The Ready Room ^
- 10/15 — Houston, TX @ White Oak Music Hall ^
- 10/16 — Austin, TX @ Emo’s ^
- 10/17 — Dallas, TX @ Granada Theater ^
- 10/19 — Denver, CO @ Ogden Theatre ^
- 10/20 — Salt Lake City, UT @ The Union Event Center ^
- 10/22 — San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theater ^
- 10/23 — Santa Cruz, CA @ The Catalyst ^
- 10/24 — Ventura, CA @ Majestic Ventura Theater ^